37 Bawden Street Tumbulgum
High set graceful home by the river - Call for a private inspection - 0423 596 683
Situated just one street back from the panoramic Tweed River is the exceptional opportunity to secure this beautifully renovated vintage-chic, timeless home. This three-bedroom property sits amongst establish gardens by the river and only a brief drive to the majestic beaches of Kingscliff, Casuarina, and Cabarita.
Perfect for young families, parents whose kids have flown the nest and savvy investors alike. Close enough to the Gold Coast and Tweed for work, close enough to the airport for holiday rentals and close enough to Byron Bay for a short drive and a change of scene.
The top level of this high set home greets you with a sun deck and peaceful veranda followed by three generous bedrooms, two boasting French doors opening on the veranda, framed by palms trees. Flowing past the third bedroom, the house opens onto a large open plan kitchen, living and dining space featuring a cosy woodfired stove. The beautifully elegant bathroom with separate powder room, features a shower and restored vintage bathtub with all brass fittings and pipes matched with antique vanity and linen storage. More French doors open onto the large rear veranda overlooking the established gardens. The lower level is a concrete slab with extra height ceilings featuring a laundry/bathroom, ample storage, with views over the backyard and level lawn, this huge space provides a host of possibilities and value add opportunities.
Set in the tranquil historic town of Tumbulgum known for scenic river cruises and long lunches, this property is in very close proximity to the local Primary School, sports fields, playground, boat ramp, waterfront Pub est.1887 and acclaimed "House of Gabriel" riverside restaurant.
- Historic village with charming original structures from late 1800's and peaceful streets
- One street back from the beautiful Tweed River and brief drive to beaches
- Timeless classic, timber home built in 1910 with country elegance and modern touches
- Open plan kitchen, living, dining with tall ceilings and plenty of natural light
- Sundrenched front deck and large covered deck in backyard overlooking the garden
- Three bedrooms, two with French doors opening on to the front veranda and greenery
- Beautifully finished bathroom with bathtub shower and brass fittings and vintage vanity
- Original rich hardwood floors, fireplace, seamless indoor and outdoor living
- High set home with concrete slab lower level and massive storage / garage space